Today I have decided to write a series of ‘How to Blog Tutorials’
- To dispell the myth that if writng doesn’t feel comfortable for you now that you can’t be a blogger. I was exactly the same last year, now I absolutely LOVE it and I’m better at it!
- Because my blogging skills have improved dramatically from getting and implementing quality training since April 2017. If I can do it, you can too! (Enough with the exclamation marks right?)
- I succeeded in a Marathon Blogging Challenge I set for myself in March 2018 of writing 10 blog posts in 10 days. Which I laugh about now, that is just a warm up to…
- 1 September 2018, I set myself a new true Marathon Blogging Challenge of 100 posts in 122 days (Today is day 5 and this is post 4) and
- Since setting the above challenge and sharing my progress with an online community of bloggers, colleagues have been asking me ‘how do you manage to write a blog daily, you have to so fast and of course very well organized I suppose?’ I answered this specific question here but this has inspired me to create this series of posts with more people asking similar questions.
I am very open that I have not felt like a natural writer or blogger. Despite this I have always wanted to be a successful professional and profitable blogger. Since 2007, I share this story on my About page. I am definitely well on my way for the former, I am now focused on achieving the latter. It is important to me to continue to learn and grow as a person, particularly since becoming a parent. It is very motivating to have a young person, your own child looking up at you and seeing how you behave and deal with life. Since having my son I have been motivated to consistently be the very best version of myself. This requires continual change because as you achieve one goal then you strive for another.
So why has it taken me so long to achieve success as a Blogger?
This is a great question:
- I had a beautiful baby boy in 2006 and therefore most of my personal goals and personal development goals have either been put on hold or been slow to progress. Now that my baby is 11, I am now able to have more time to pursue my own interests and develop my own skills again.
- I didn’t have the right training to help me improve
- 10 years ago I didn’t believe it was possible to make a living online through blogging
- I was not part of a community of bloggers that I could network with and support and they support me and
- With 10 years of small business experience under my belt I feel I now have much more I can offer
Therefore it was in 2017 that I recommitted to this goal to take the steps to achieve this long sort after goal. The first step was to surround myself with those that have succeeded as bloggers before me and also for those that are happy to train and support you through this journey. This I have done and now I wish to share my knowledge and experience with you.
This post will be shorter than usual as I will be adding to it as I progress with the tutorials. Here are some of the planned topics but feel free to share what you wish to hear – if I have the knowledge I will create a tutorial and if I don’t I’ll connect you with a post that does.
Planned How to Blog Tutorials:
- How to Blog Daily
- How to Increase Your Typing Speed
- How do your Daily Habits Impact Your Blogging?